Learn.GIENC Terms and Conditions
- GIENC® will disclose any creator’s proprietary interest in any product, instrument, device, service, or material discussed on the site.
- GIENC will disclose the source of any third-party compensation related to the materials on the site.
- All employees of GIENC responsible for content on GIENC.org must disclose any proprietary interest they have relevant to the instructional content to appropriate GIENC authorities.
- GIENC owns all exclusive rights to the intellectual property on the site. Users may not claim ownership of the product.
- All content on GIENC should be available at no cost to users.
- Users may not resell any site content at any cost. This includes individual courses, lessons, text, code, or images.
- The content on the site may be used by educational institutions, but it should maintain all GIENC branding and logos.
- Users may not use GIENC content for financial gain.
- Both GIENC and the user must cite all copyrighted materials used within the product appropriately before use.
- Some content featured on this site may be created in collaboration with an outside subject matter expert (SEO), but all content follows the aforementioned guidelines.
Privacy and Security
- GIENC uses a limited number of cookies. GIENC uses session cookies to collect data about what content is accessed and local cookies to save progress when required. These cookies are not accessible by third parties. Members who sign in accept a token that identifies their status and provides additional tracking and user history data. Users may disable the use of these cookies at any time.
- GIENC uses Google Analytics to learn how visitors use the site. These analytics are used to improve on future designs and add suitable content. Users may disable the use of GA cookies at any time.
- GIENC does not collect any personal information from users unless they volunteer the information by registering an account.
- Personal information collected by the site upon registration, as required by IACET, includes things such as name, address, phone number, and email address.
- GIENC will not release any personal information to outside parties without the express consent of the user.
- We reserve the right to anonymously track and report a user’s activity on the site using non-personally identifiable information.
- We will not advertise or market to anyone using this site, nor will any information collected by GIENC be shared with third parties for advertising and marketing purposes.
- By using this site, you may be asked to answer questions within courses in your own language. GIENC does not control user-generated content, nor does it guarantee the accuracy, integrity, or quality of such content.
- Users shall retain all rights, including intellectual property rights, for user-generated content that they create within course answers.
- If user-generated content includes licensed or proprietary content from other sources, it must be properly cited and the user is responsible for obtaining permission from the owner.
- All user-generated content should be appropriate and not contain any profanity, hate speech, sexual content, or content that violates federal, state, or local law.
- Any user-generated content that violates these policies will be immediately removed from the site and the user account responsible will be terminated.
- GIENC is an equal rights and equal-opportunity agency.
- GIENC materials are accessible to all users regardless of gender, gender identity, gender expression, race, national origin, color, religion, age, disability, veteran status, socioeconomic status, marital status, pregnancy and/or sexual orientation.
- In order to ensure access, GIENC shall make reasonable accommodations for those with physical and mental impairments that constitute disabilities, consistent with the requirements of federal and state laws and regulations.
Termination and Suspension of Services.
- We may suspend or terminate your access to all or part of the site with or without notice and for any reason.
By using this site, you represent that you:
- Are an adult.
- Have read and understood all the content above.
- Will only use this site in compliance with applicable laws where you are located.
- Will be responsible for any user falsely using your account.